Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Favorite Sunrise Photo

Let me preface this photo with some information. This image is a scan from a negative. The negative itself dates back to 1979. So the negative is not in that great of shape but I still enjoy this photo. This is a sunrise photo taken in the Mediterranean that I took while stationed on the USS Seattle. Before I went overseas, my Dad gave me some great advice. He told me to buy a decent 35mm camera and learn how to take good pictures. When you get overseas go on as many ship tours as possible and take as many pictures as you can. When your done, take your camera back to the ship and then go out and get drunk. Well, that was some good advice and I took it a step further. When I did go on tours not only did I take pictures but I also purchased local tour books, postcards and Kodak slide shows. I ended up with a wealth of information that I am compiling for presentations.

So next time you travel, pick up some literature about the area so you can use it to better explain to others the pictures you took.

No comments:

Post a Comment