Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Engagement Photos of my Niece

Just this past Sunday, March 11, 2012, I was out taking pictures of my niece and had a blast. This is the first time in a long time that I had such great subjects for this type of project. Those of you who know me and have been reading my blog, you know that I use Pentax equipment since I have been using it for several years. For this project I used the stock 18-55mm lens on my K-7 DSLR.

The weather was great here in the Chicago area! The photos below was taken at Cantigny in Wheaton, IL. This is one of my favorite places for photography. So let's take a look at one of the photos I took.


This is an example of the original image. I say example because I re-sized for this blog post. It may be worth noting that I shoot in the RAW format and on my Pentax camera it creates both a RAW .DNG file and .JPG file of the image.

Part of the processing I do includes modifying the RAW file when opening it up in Photoshop Elements. That would include modifying the exposure and making some subtle color corrections.

With this particular project I decided to use a newer software that I had purchased called Portrait Professional. I must say, I am very pleased with the results. Here is the edited file ...


You may not notice but take a closer look at the two images and notice how the facial features are smoothed and the bit of a pop I got from the Portrait Professional software. Let's look at a side by side ...


Now keep in mind there are limitations to the clarity because of file size capabilities of blogging but I think you can notice the difference in the two photos.

I strongly recommend Portrait Professional software for its ease of use and capabilities. I pretty much started using it without any problems at all. It seemed like logical point and click software that I was able to use.

Here are a couple additional before and after images that went through the same editing process.



It may be worth noting that these images have not been cropped at at this time, that is something I plan to do with the couple once they have selected their favorite photos. I had a blast taking these photos and editing them. Can't wait to do it again!

Enjoy Life, Take Pictures!


BTW ... On Twitter I am @TMSphotos ... I am always willing to connect with photographers. You are also welcome to follow my Blog here. I try to share knowledge, information and experience of my photography.

"LIKE" my Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/TMSphotographyChicago

See my work for sale at http://tms-photos.artistwebsites.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment