Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

New York Circa 1980


During my days in the US Navy the USS Seattle was in the Brooklyn Navy Yards for a major overhaul. While I was there I took a fair number of pictures. At that time, little did I know that I would not see the World Trade Center Buildings ever again in person. Above is one of those photos of me at the base of the Statue of Liberty with the Twin Towers behind me. This picture is from negatives that I have scanned over time. I had some great times while I was in New York. Along with some stories only a sailor can tell. But looking back, I am glad I have this photo. I am glad that I was on the observatory deck of the World Trade Center, up in the crown of the Statue of Liberty and on the observatory deck of the Empire State Building. I recall those days fondly.

1 comment: