Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Photo Editing with Smart Photo Editor and More

I've been having too much fun lately. I have this photo editing software called Smart Photo Editor (link provided at the end of this article) and it is by far the easiest and quickest way to edit your digital images.

I have written articles about this before and I have several images on my Facebook page that have gone through Smart Photo Editor processing. Today I want to take an image and run it through some quick edits. I'll get started right away with an image I took in 2011, let's take a look at it ...


Here is what I like about the image. It is an image of a blooming flower and it has rain drops on it. Other than that, the color isn't that great and the background of the image isn't that good either. So I would like to improve the image and potentially crop it.

So the first thing I did was to open the image in Smart Photo Editor and did some manual adjustments using the Brightness Contrast etc. features. Here is the outcome ...


I like the results already. The edits are typical of what you might find with Photoshop or other photo editing software.

Now Smart Photo Editor has a lot of filters and effects, many of them I use over and over again and are stored in the "Favorite Effects" list. Today I decided to take a look at other filters that I have not used as frequently. I came across the "Hue saturation and contrast filter" and here is the outcome of using that filter ...


Now the filters have sliders in them that allow you to tweak the filter to your liking but I liked the results of the default filter and saved the image as is.

So then I wondered what the image would look like if I applied a couple of my favorite filters. So let's take a look ...


Again, I am really pleased with the results. In this image I used the default settings of the "Hue saturation and contrast filter" and the "Hyper-real filter" and I think I like it.

Now when it comes to editing images there is a lot of personal preference. In other words, what I may really like others may say that's too much, or that's not enough, or you should do this. I am all well and good with that. But the beauty of art to the eye is in the eye of the beholder. On the other hand, if I was working with a client I would want to know what pleases them and work to satisfy their needs.

Now so far I have shown you some really simple things to do with Smart Photo Editor, but you may be wondering how long did it take to do all this. Well first let me say that I take time during my editing to take notes of the edits I do to images so I have reference for the future. The edits themselves are quick. I spent 25 minutes this morning selecting the filters for editing the image and taking notes on the edits made to the image. Without note taking and filter selection time the editing was done in moments.

Than I decided to use it on Instagram (from my iPad) and here are the results of that ...


Next I used my Poladroid application to make a Polaroid version of the image and here is the result ...


I like the "Poladroid" application because it provides that old fashioned polaroid effect and I can use photoshop to add text in the white space on the bottom like we used to do back in the day with a pen.

So from one simple image that was not all that good in the beginning I was able to make some pretty good images that I can enjoy for a long time.

The programs and links used for this article were ...
Smart Photo Editor http://www.smartphotoeditor.com/
Instagram http://instagr.am/
Poladroid http://www.poladroid.net/
PhotoScape (for batch resizing) http://www.photoscape.org


Enjoy Life, Take Pictures!


BTW ... On Twitter I am @TMSphotos ... I am always willing to connect with photographers. You are also welcome to follow my Blog here. I try to share knowledge, information and experience of my photography.

"LIKE" my Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/TMSphotographyChicago

See my work for sale at http://tms-photos.artistwebsites.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment