Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Autumn Leaves After the Rain

Yesterday was one of those days that I had an intent to go to the pumpkin farm to take photos. That quickly changed when my daughter needed to use my car. That's ok though, the morning brought me something to think about.


When I went out on the back deck yesterday morning there were a couple of leaves with water beaded on them from the overnight rain. I thought it would be a kewl photo so I took some pictures shooting straight down on them, the pictures were not as good as I thought they would be.


So as the sun was coming up I saw the leaves in a new light. I took several more images and the edited images came out better than I expected.





Sometimes as photographers we need to look at objects from different views to capture the images we really like. At other times, if time permits, we need natures light to help us out a bit more.

Lessons learned yesterday, I like to learn things and share my knowledge. One of the things I noticed recently is image sharpness. I had taken some photos recently and noticed that with certain lenses I was loosing some details. Keep in mind that there are times I shoot with my old manual lenses. I found that in my camera settings there is a setting that allows me to increase the sharpness. With the lenses I used today I know it helped.

When it comes to editing images I found a favorite of mine is Smart Photo editor. When cropping images I have found that it helps to de-noise the images, I use Topaz for that because of the control I have with it.

I know that there are some photographers that are not in favor of cropping an image and I can appreciate that. On the other hand, I have my reasons for doing specific crops and edits and it makes me happy.

In the long run, don't we all want to be happy with the images we share with others?

Enjoy Life, Take Pictures!

BTW ... On Twitter I am @TMSphotos ... I am always willing to connect with photographers.

You are also welcome to follow my Blog here. I try to share knowledge, information and experience of my photography.

"LIKE" my Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/TMSphotographyChicago

No comments:

Post a Comment