Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Children

My  wife LOVES this photo of our children! I admit, it is one of my favorites also. Like I have written about in previous postings, inexpensive cameras can take great photos. This photo was taken in 2007 with a very inexpensive digital camera. It is just one of those moments of being in the right place at the right time and using the tools I had.

These days, I have a DSLR and a Nikon Cool Pix. I am still learning about the capabilities of both of them. With todays technology you can get some amazing shots with cell phones. The thing to keep in mind with digital photography is the mega pixel rating of the camera. Newer phones today like the iPhone are capable of taking really decent pictures. So why don't I have one? Well it's simple, I get my daughters hand me downs so I have to wait.

However, I personally would not rely on an iPhone to capture the pictures I want, I would use it as a back-up. DSLR's provide for me a quality and feel that I enjoyed in my 35mm days.

My recommendation is that whatever digital camera you may have or will purchase, take the time to learn how to use the camera. Learn how it responds, play with various settings and understand how and why you would use them.

Enjoy Life! Enjoy Photography!

No comments:

Post a Comment